COVID-19 OFFICE POLICIES
Please read all of the following carefully. If you have any questions regarding these policies - or if you have a question that is not addressed here - please call the office in advance of your visit.
The office is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (closed for lunch from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM). We are limiting the number of simultaneous patient appointments in order to enforce appropriate social distancing practices throughout the office space, and our providers are offering telemedicine appointments whenever possible.
*You must first verify with your insurance carrier whether or not telemedicine appointments with specialists are covered under your specific plan. If not, it is your responsibility to contact the office and cancel any previously scheduled telemedicine appointments.*
For patients under the age of 18, both the patient and a Responsible Party must be present for the video conference. Under all circumstances, the patient must be present. If your most recent appointment was conducted via telemedicine, you will likely be required to come into the office for your next follow-up.
The following types of visits can be conducted via telemedicine:
• Follow-up diabetes
• Follow-up endocrine
When you schedule a telemedicine appointment with the office, you will receive an email invite (3) days in advance with a set of instructions for accessing the Zoom video conference. It is extremely important that you carefully follow all provided instructions in order to avoid delaying or missing your appointment. Access to all telemedicine appointments requires a device with a forward-facing camera and/or webcam, as well as the Zoom app (for mobile devices) or Zoom client (for desktop/laptop computers) installed.
Obtaining your provider's approval for a telemedicine appointment can be done most efficiently by reaching out to them directly via the patient portal:
Login to your portal account.
Click on "Ask a Question".
Select "Ask Physician/Provider Directly" from the "Subject" line drop-down menu.
Select your provider from the "Physician" drop-down menu.
Type your message.
Click "Send Message" at the bottom of the page.
The following types of visits must be conducted in-person:
• New patients
• Stim tests
For the added safety of patients and staff, we are taking special measures to sanitize the office routinely throughout the day and limit the number of simultaneous patient visits in order to enforce appropriate social distancing practices throughout the office space.
The following policies are currently in effect:
• Face masks or coverings are required for all in attendance. If you or any member of your group arrive without a mask or covering, you may request one from the front office staff.
• Whenever possible, limit attendance to the patient(s) and one responsible party only.
• Temperatures will be checked for all members of your group upon entry.
• You must utilize hand sanitizer provided by the office whenever prompted by signage or office staff.
• Maintain an appropriate social distance from other parties in the physical office space with whom you do not share a residence. Seating areas in the waiting room have been spaced to allow for safe distances, and tape has been placed on the ground near common congregation areas to signify what distances are appropriate.
• If you or your child exhibit fever - or if you have had any recent contact with an individual exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 - please notify us in advance of your appointment so that we can reschedule you for a future date.
Appointments cancelled less than 24 hours in advance are subject to a $70 no-show fee. Exceptions apply for patients who are sick or quarantining due to COVID-19 exposure.
All missed appointments are subject to a $70 no-show fee.
If you arrive 15+ minutes after your scheduled appointment time, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for a future date (or wait for an opening later in the day).
COVID-19 / TYPE 1 DIABETES
We can refer our Type 1 Diabetes patients to these official guidelines published by JDRF: